Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gary's year



Well what can we say, other than in the summer had a series of adventures with young women in uniform. Seriously though for those who did not hear on the grapevine, I had a heart attack in June. A bit of a shock to say the least, fortunately it happened in A&E, so got away with next to no damage to the heart. I subsequently had an angioplasny procedure, which led a couple of bits of metal being inserted into a coronary artery. So now I'm fully recovered and back at work. Ironically, we had one of our best summers, with the good weather allowing us to make the most of this lovely island we live on, doing loads of touristy things. We were also able to get away for a break to Gran Canaria in early November. Indeed before my heart attack we'd been able to have a week in Majorca plus a weekend in Rome, so things can't be bad.

Anyway, hopefully 2006 will be just as interesting but not as dramatic. In March I hope to be off to Melbourne and the Commonwealth Games, where I will be manager of the Jersey Triathlon Team. So look out for me at the opening ceremony and the triathlon is on Saturday 18 March .

Hope all is well with you and your families, and that if we haven't met for a while we can somehow make it this year. Indeed, let's make it this year - as you never know what is around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home